Weave right. Pass a few. Weave left. Pass a few more. Yes! Free!
No! *BRAKE* The road is lined with immobile, honking cars.
The holiday has much to offer – this, also, being one.
---------------------------
Trifecta's Weekend Writing Challenge, coined Trifextra Week 47 goes as follows:This weekend we want you to give us a pithy summary of your feelings about the holidays. Your response does not need to be cynical or sarcastic. We welcome all thoughts and feelings about this time of year--so long as you express those thoughts and feelings in 33 words.
I hesitate in writing this 2nd challenge in the tone I've chosen since the first one was a bit dark and sad. I was afraid of coming off as a negative and pessimistic person. I feel in my waking life, I'm quite the opposite. A little cynical and sarcastic, however, always optimistic! After much consideration, I realized I cannot deny what my heart desires, else, what is the point of me writing? So I hope you all enjoyed this piece as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Driving home for Christmas. You forget how much a pain it can be!
ReplyDeleteIndeed! For me, it's the last minute shopping I'm known to do! lol I'm always stuck in HORRENDOUS traffic... without fail every year, I forget how bad it gets during the holidays even outside of normal traffic hour time!
DeleteI think the last line captures that cynical optimism quite well.
ReplyDeleteHaha I rethought that last line a couple times and went with this one because it really does capture that cynical optimism of mine so well! I'm glad someone acknowledged it :) I was quite proud of myself! haha
DeleteVery pithily done. I really like this!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I really appreciate the comment :)
DeleteOk, having come of age in the 60s and early 70s, I jumped to a wrong conclusion with your story. But never mind, the innocent version is still well done. At first, I thought a cynical optimist was an oxymoron, but then I realized I was one! I liked this a lot!
ReplyDeleteHoliday traffic is the worst ): All these out-of-staters who don't know where the hell they're going...ugh! lol
ReplyDeleteHa! So true!! Well done. I also hate all the horn honking and worse the blinkers designating that THEY are taking that parking spot. It feels so grrrrr eedy! :D
ReplyDeleteI'm sure all that honking is to the beat of spirited Christmas carols! :)
ReplyDeleteI live 10 minutes from the mall of Georgia. I takes me 45 minutes to get there.
ReplyDelete